Oura says it is delaying its Nasdaq IPO due to uncertainty in the market, despite “strong demand” and a strengthening of its business since the process started
Oura has said that it is delaying plans for its public listing on the Nasdaq due to uncertainty in the IPO market.
CNBCApril Roach
Context & Ripple Effects
Oura moved from its September filing to a proposed 50 million-share offering at $40 to $44, a structure that sought about $2.2 billion and implied a $14.1 billion valuation at the top of the range. Its filing also showed revenue growth alongside a sharply wider net loss, making the proposed valuation central to the listing debate.
Oura and its selling shareholders defer the planned 50 million-share transaction, postponing the liquidity and capital-raising timetable tied to the Nasdaq listing.
Nasdaq loses a prospective large technology listing while Oura retains control over when, and on what terms, it returns to investors.
Second-order effects
Prospective investors gain leverage to demand a lower valuation or different terms when Oura reopens its process, after reported investor resistance to its target valuation.
Other companies preparing US listings face a more cautious reception from buyers assessing whether marketed price ranges can clear in an uncertain IPO market.
Third-order effects
If withdrawals at the pricing stage become more common, IPO execution shifts further from issuer-set ranges toward investor-led price discovery, particularly for companies with fast growth but substantial losses.
The episode points to a reopening market in which access to public capital is not equivalent to listing readiness: companies may file and market offerings while retaining timing flexibility until demand supports their valuation.
The trend: The IPO market is imposing sharper valuation discipline on late-stage technology offerings, even where issuers report strong demand and revenue growth.
Not often that you see a multi-billion dollar tech IPO pull its listing the day it was supposed to price. Bad news for Oura and potentially broader tech IPO market implications
Oura just delayed its IPO. Oops. The company and its bankers wanted to begin trading tomorrow. Said another way, Oura wasn't getting the investor interest they hoped to see at their preferred valuation.
Oura was 4.4x oversubscribed and looking to raise $2.2B. I'm no ECM banker but a decent book is 3-5x oversubscribed and according to studies, 2.6x is median. The markets are trading at ATHs. Which leaves the question, what exactly did they want to see?
exiting whoop after 18 months. kept the strap, ditched the subscription. it now runs fully local on zhoop (my fork of noop). no fluff metrics, my data stays on my phone. ai killed vendor lock-in.